flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [FLEXJS] Manifest files in the build?
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 15:02:44 GMT

On 5/2/16, 12:14 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>I'm thinking of generating the namespaces list in the compilation config
>xmls automatically.  So would it be ok to move them to a "manifests"
>directory? Maven is a lot about needing no configuration for the most
>common use-cases but to allow to fine-tune.

If I understand, you want to move the *-manifest.xml files to their own
folder, then somehow get a list of those files in the folder and update
the <include-namespaces> tag in the compile-xx-config.xml files?
Would that place restrictions on what could go in the <namespaces> tag?

Then what would the compile-xx-config files look like, and how would folks
know not to edit that tag directly?  Are you sure there is enough benefit
to be worth it?  I think we are running out of time to get a release out
by ApacheCon.  Maybe we can do more auto-generation work in a future
release.  Changes like these should probably start in the maven-migration
branch because it would break the Ant build until I get caught up.  Also,
any Mojo you write to do this would probably need to be done as a Mojo
wrapper around a non-Maven Java class that actually does the work so the
Ant build can call the same class.

If you still want to get flex-asjs released this week, we may need to
consider shortcuts.  For example, maybe for this first round, the Maven
build calls Ant to generate the externs SWCs.

View raw message