flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]HierarchicalData
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 19:36:57 GMT
On second thought…

This is the first time I’m diving into a FlexJS component. I understand strands and beads
conceptually, but I have not really looked into the practice until now.

It looks like the behavior of the Tree is handled by the TreeSingleSelectionMouseController
which extends ListSingleSelectionMouseController. The controller seems to be set in the css
file? That strikes me as a bit odd considering that css usually means visual to me, but I
think I get it.

Either way, Tree is expecting HierarchicalData rather than IHierarchicalData. Is there a reason
for that?

If I want to add keyboard behavior (i.e. using the arrow keys to navigate and open/close nodes,
what would be the best way to do that?

(BTW, I’m using Tree for a pet project as a way of learning the structure of FlexJS components
before I deep dive into using them.)

On May 30, 2016, at 10:20 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’d like to add XML support for Trees. Any preference on whether I should create a
new IHierarchicalData class for XML (i.e. XMLHierarchicalData) or put conditional logic in
the existing HierarchicalData class?