flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FalconJX] compiling non-browser javascript
Date Sun, 01 May 2016 19:34:50 GMT
I get the same error for other reserved words:

On May 1, 2016, at 10:28 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> I manually deleted most of the core classes to get it to compile.
> I’m now getting an error which I don’t know if it’s valid or a bug in Falcon:
> 		public function findKeyStrings(for:String):String{return null;}
> 		public function translateKeyString(for:String):String{return null;}
> When trying to compile a class which contains code like this, I get:
> ERROR /Users/harbs/Desktop/InDesign10.2/src/com/adobe/indesign/Application.as[66:33]:
> 'for' is not allowed here
> Is “for” really not allowed as the name of a parameter, or i it a bug that the compiler
thinks it’s a for loop?
> Harbs
> On May 1, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here’s my stab at producing ActionScript files from the OMV files: https://github.com/unhurdle/omv2as
>> The output is actually pretty good. I get error-free output on InDesign files with
the exception of File types because I don’t yet have the core types linked. Photoshop output
is not as good, for the most part because the OMV files types are not all true types.
>> I do have a question though (before I even got to the point where I’m trying to
use this to cross-compile code): When I run the base classes through the app, I get a bunch
of classes which do not compile into a SWC very well. At least part of the problem is due
to the fact that they confluct with core classes, and I’m not sure how to best handle this.
Here’s a link of the as code: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pziyrqj7k1ob9p7/ExtendScript.zip?dl=0
>> I’m not sure how to best handle this. If anyone has good ideas, please let me know.
>> On Apr 25, 2016, at 9:28 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was guessing that the release would probably work. I am concerned about debugging
>>> I will probably try this suggestion next week and see how far I can get without
further help. Chances are I’ll be back here before I’m successful though… ;-)
>>> Thanks!