flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: [FlexJS] Status on Maven migration
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:11:57 GMT
I'm currently just pulling the jar from the latest SDK release ... anything wrong with that?

Haven't worked on the debugger yet as I was going to migrate the non-essential parts after
finishing the essential parts.

Von: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. April 2016 23:00
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [FlexJS] Status on Maven migration

OK, got through compiler.jx and its tests.

I started looking at flex-oem-compiler and noticed it is pulling in the
Apache Flex SDK swfutils.jar instead of building a smaller subset that
frees FlexJS from dependencies on the Flex SDK.  Since the files we need
are rarely changed, I am tempted to just check them into a project.  Also,
they are shared by the debugger project which does not seem to have a
pom.xml.  I think it would be ok to call this subset swfutils_min.  The
trick is that the classes in this swfutils subset apparently shared with
FlashBuilder, so I think they have to retain their package names.

On 4/21/16, 8:28 AM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

>Whee!  The compiler tests are now working.
>I'm trying to figure out my next task.  I'm afraid to sync up and push my
>changes since Chris is saying things are broken.  And I'm not clear how
>desperate Harbs is for a fix for the Jquery thing.  IMO, getting the Maven
>branches merged into develop is the top priority.
>My current thinking is for me to plow ahead on the rest of the Ant build
>without syncing up, then when I get through that I'll sync up and see if
>the Ant build has the same problems Chris is seeing.  Chris can you work
>with an older revision of flex-falcon for now to make progress on
>On 4/21/16, 7:50 AM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>>On 4/21/16, 1:38 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>>>Ok ... so today I'm feeling like I'm wasting my time again :-(
>>>I merged the changes from develop up to my feature/maven-migration-test
>>>... unfortunately I had do manually merge quite some stuff, but that's
>>>ok. Now my build no longer worked. The Externs no longer compiled. So I
>>>switched to my Ant version, updated and did a "clean-all" and "all"
>>>... this too didn't work, even if I got different errors. So as a
>>>of last resort, I did that "wipe-all" and then an "all" build. Now at
>>>least the Ant build worked again. Unfortunately I couldn't see what has
>>>changed :-(
>>What was the error you got?
>>>Could you guys please post to this list if you change any downloads or
>>>change things in the build? It's one thing to port something, but it's a
>>>completely different thing to find problems that now occur in a
>>>previously ported part :-(
>>>I think it would eventually be a good idea to do the maven switch pretty
>>>soon cause I'm loosing more and more of my time in keeping things in
>>>... time I would prefer to be investing on pushing the migration of ASJS
>>I'm still work on the Ant build in maven-migration-test.  I got through
>>compiler-build-tools and compiler-jburg-types and most of compiler, but
>>currently on compiler/src/test.  Then on to compiler.jx, and the externs
>>and other things.  Hope to be done with it maybe Monday.

View raw message