flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject [FalconJX] compiling non-browser javascript
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2016 07:35:25 GMT
I would really like to use FalconJX for ExtendScript development. ExtendScript is Adobe’s
flavor of Javascript used in their creative apps. They have an old version of SpiderMonkey
as the underlying engine (which still had E4X support). I have some really complex scripts
and currently the single biggest time waster when developing scripts is dumb typos.

I did some research and although there are 1033 classes in InDesign in a single version alone
(there are many different versions of the DOM, there’s all the other apps and some core
packages as well), I can automate the creation of ActionScript classes using the omv files
that are used to create documentation of the ExtendScript classes.

Theoretically, I can get this working with minimal effort.

My question is how usable is FlaconJX (in its current state) for generating Javascript that’s
not targeting the browser? I know it’s using goog for linking files which presumably is
using browser technologies to load files. How “hard coded” is that? For ExtendSript, I
would probably either just concatenate all my files into one, or use #include directives in
the file. ExtendScript allows using #include syntax similar to C languages.

I’m not sure what other issues there would be with this.

View raw message