flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: FlexJS identity crisis. was: [Discuss]Accept donation of drawing APIs
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2016 14:03:56 GMT

On 4/23/16, 2:12 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi Alex ...
>first ... the official name should probably even contain the "Apache
>Flex" so I guess the correct name would probably be "Apache Flex FlexJS

We are trying to establish FlexJS and Apache FlexJS as trademarks, so I
don't think we "have to" prefix with "Flex" or "Apache Flex".  But AIUI,
it is up to us to decide.

>The names don't really matter for maven ... we could call them "js" and
>Maven would be fine with them, but I tend to give my artifacts a little
>more context. For example if we name the jquery extern "jquery" then
>there is the "jquery" framework project of ASJS with the same name. Of
>course I would give both a different groupId, but still it will probably
>cause a little more problems. If we name the artifacts
>"flexjs-externs-jquery" and "flexjs-framework-jquery" the context is
>well-defined. But If the majority wants the "jquery" artifactId for both,
>I would simply adjust the artifactIds.

One answer I thought of was that our downloadable packages start with
"apache-flex" or "apache-flexjs", but internal stuff can have short names.
 That's sort of how flex-sdk and flex-asjs do it today.  The SWCs bundled
inside the binary package have short names like spark.swc and Core.swc.
Or would that be confusing for Maven users if they are pulling down their
Core.swc as apache-flexjs-core-0.7.0.swc?  Maybe they want the longer
names to be sure what version they are on?

View raw message