flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: FlexJS identity crisis. was: [Discuss]Accept donation of drawing APIs
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 18:40:28 GMT

On 4/21/16, 1:27 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>When creating maven artifacts from SDKs we had a different naming, which
>I find a little more intuitive.
>Applied to FlexJS instead of Flex, this would be:
>FlexJS Compiler: Falcon, FalconJX
>FlexJS Framework: ASJS
>FlexJS Externs: Externs
>How about this .. but I agree in the part where you call call Falcon
>something FlexJS ;-)

Seems ok to me.  The true official full name has to start with Apache
though:  "Apache FlexJS Compiler".  I don't know if you can leave "apache"
off the artifact names.

Related to this, I noticed in the Maven builds, the SWCs are getting
longer names as well.  So what we've been referring to as "js.swc" is now
"flexjs-externs-js-0.6.0.swc" and may have to be called
"apache-flexjs-externs-js-0.6.0.swc".  I guess I can see how that might be
important for Maven, but I'm just wondering about having to use the longer
name in the documentation and other places like the IDE library path
dialogs.  Maybe the Ant builds and IDE installers should go with shorter

View raw message