flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS]creating new externs
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 15:24:38 GMT

On 4/18/16, 3:25 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a related question here. I can test, but if someone knows
>off-hand, it’ll save some work:
>How are conflicts in externs handled?

I think first-in-wins, but I'm not sure.  The compiler might also throw an
error.  I know for -library-path SWCs it is supposed to link in the code
with the latest timestamp, but that is very fragile and a different

The key question for you is whether you need js.swc in the project that
uses your new CSInterface.swc.  There might need to be a CEF.swc subset
from js.swc that represents only the JS apis supported by the Chromium
Embedded Framework that a CC extension runs in, and maybe then there
wouldn't be a conflict.

IOW, you only want the APIs that are truly available in your runtime as
extern SWCs.  Nothing more, and nothing less.

View raw message