flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Easy way to convert a property to a style
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:46:18 GMT

On 4/15/16, 10:52 AM, "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil>

>Sidebar... What's your opinion of embedding assets in styles and
>assigning them?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but again, the principles are about
encapsulation, pay-as-you-go, and just-in-time vs just-in-case.

I know of one customer that wants to present a list of embedded fonts.  It
would be impractical to embed every font choice into a single SWF.

Asset embedding should primarily affect download time.  It is true each
asset has an associated class and classes do have to run initializers at
some point, but I would expect class initializers to not show up in the

If you have a huge setup() method that passes out styles to dozens of
widgets, consider only doing that to widgets that are truly visible, and
find other ways to have the non-visible widgets pull-down their styles

My two cents,

View raw message