flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Docs
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:07:43 GMT

On 4/14/16, 8:21 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>It looks to me that all you need is a gh-pages branch and everything just
>“works”.
>
>http://oli.jp/2011/github-pages-workflow/
>
>I’m not sure how/where to search the Apache lists.

Apache mailing lists are mostly public and Google can find a lot of
things.  A few are private, but now that you are an ASF Member
(congratulations), you now have access to all the private lists as well.

I went and found this thread [1].  The main concern is SSL.  The secondary
concern seems to be about whether a.o URLs should redirect there.  IMO, I
don't think there is a policy that our doc pages must be served from a.o
URLs.  The main site probably should be (flex.a.o) but so what if our doc
pages aren't?  I think the thread contains concerns about moving the
entire TLP site to github pages, but I don't think we are planning to do
that.  Could we live without HTTPS for our doc pages?

-Alex

[1]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201503.mbox/%3cCAL5
zq9YJ14dFwPqdUnPMqrH5-zjUWSu82JLgO2Qom3+2cvyk2Q@mail.gmail.com%3e