flex-dev mailing list archives

From Kessler CTR Mark J <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Discuss]Accept donation of drawing APIs
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:30:32 GMT
    We should never just accept anything automatically.  Apache is a business that has to meet
legal requirements.  The PMC for each project are entrusted to help protect the organization
while looking out for the best interest for their project.  While in a perfect world we could
just absorb everything in/on/around what we work on and sift through it later.   However that
brings up several issues, which is why we start out with a discussion.  All these things take

Things like the following should be a general way of looking at things.

1.  Is there a benefit to adding item X to the project?

2.  Does the project / community show an actual interest in using item X?

3.  What type of license does item X have and is it compatible with our own licenses?

4.  Are there any developers / committers that need to sign an ICLA before donation can happen?

5.  In what repository will it go and where in its structure?

6.  Who will volunteer to scrub / make it compliant with Apache rules and licenses.?

View raw message