flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Non-DoD Source] [FlexJS][XML]first milestone
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:13:02 GMT
Thanks for these. I will add these test cases. (They should both be fine.) I have not tried
using XMLListCollection, but being that it’s a purely ActionScript class, I think it should
“just work”.

I just committed support for E4X filtering. In theory it’s working, but there’s an issue
with the compiler which causes an error without post-processing of the javascript. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-35071

It looks like the support coverage is already way better than I was hoping for! :-)

I spent most of the day going through some really complex XML which has turned up quite a
few issues, but they are all pretty easy to resolve so far.

On Apr 11, 2016, at 1:44 PM, Kessler CTR Mark J <mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil> wrote:

> That's awesome.
>
> As for your test cases, I have two common uses.   I receive my server data back in e4x
format.  So I need to make sure I can separate out different XML sets from one call and also
be able to do inline filtering later.  A third case would be for the filterfunctions and sorting.

> Forgive any issues with the following, I'm free typing this in email.
>

> 1.  One call, two sets.
>
> var xmlSource:XML =
> <xmlParentNode>
>    <Set1>
>   </Set1>
>   <Set2>
>   </Set2>
> </xmlParentNode>;
>

> var xmllcSet1:XMLListCollection = new XMLListCollection();
> var xmllcSet2:XMLListCollection = new XMLListCollection();
>
> xmllcSet1.source = xmlSource.Set1.child;
> xmllcSet2.source = xmlSource.Set2.child;
>

> 2.  And inline filtering using the same xmlSource.
>
> var xmllcFiltered: XMLListCollection = new XMLListCollection();
>
> xmllcFiltered.source = xmlSource. Set1.child.(year == "2015");
>

> -Mark

literal, writes it back out to a string and writes the value of an attribute using E4X notation
in Javascript!

> Over the next couple of weeks I expect to be fixing a lot of issues related to XML and
the better the test-case coverage we have, the better the quality will be.

> I'd like to put out a call for snippets of E4X code that people are using in the wild
so we can incorporate tests for as many use cases as we can get.

> If you have code snippets to contribute, please respond!
>
> Thanks,
> Harbs
>
> (P.S. There is currently a compiler issue with two of the XML methods, so the XML.js
file needs a bit of editing before it can be used. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.)