flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Docs
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 09:21:05 GMT
I’m wondering if Github Pages might not be the simplest platform for writing docs. It seems
to have a lot of flexibility and I can’t imagine a platform which makes collaboration easier.

Here’s some good info on Github Pages docs and examples.[4]
On Apr 14, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> In the Maven world, this year asciidoc has become THE tool for creating documentation
including diagrams. Every conference here seems to have some talks on it. Perhaps you should
have a look at that. It would make it easier to integrate into automated builds.
> I was planning on adding that to the falcon Maven build. So I guess that's what I'll
do as soon as I'm in the office.
> Chris

Interesting. I never heard of it before (but I’m not much of a documentation man).

On Apr 14, 2016, at 6:51 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 4/13/16, 3:59 PM, "Andrew Wetmore" <cottage14@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does the team prefer to write in Markdown?
> IMO, the factors involved here are:
> 1) Are these pages going on the flex.a.o website?
Do we need to?

> 2) If so, does the Apache CMS support the choice of doc system?

> 3) Does the doc system use something relative popular and/or easy to learn?
Most probably do.

> 4) Could we change our minds about which doc system to use and easily port
> existing content?

Yes. Pandoc can convert from pretty much any format into any other.[5]

View raw message