flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] How about bringing Falcon and ASJS together?
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2016 14:31:23 GMT
We've had this discussion before.  Falcon was also intended to be the
next-generation compiler for the regular Flex SDK, and FalconJX is being
considered for other non-Apache frameworks like Feathers.

Is it really true that no Maven projects have validation suites against
downstream projects?  Maybe the integration tests need to be in a
different repo or something?

On 3/27/16, 2:38 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>I don't know if we had this discussion recently, but I would like to
>propose to bring together the two sub-projects Falcon and ASJS. The
>reason for this is that they are naturally tightly connected, which
>becomes obvious every time a release is coming and internally a lot of
>tests depend on ASJS and ASJS needs Falcon to be built. This entanglement
>makes it hard do releases Maven-style. Bringing both together should make
>a lot of things easier.
>If the problem is adjusting the build for the merged project, I could
>disable the cross-cutting tests (as I already have) and do the same Maven
>conversion for ASJS. As soon as that's done it should be easy to merge
>both parts.
>And I would propose to name the project "FlexJS".
>What do you think?

View raw message