flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FALCONJX] Some help with the externs
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 15:22:32 GMT

On 3/18/16, 7:22 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>The problem I am having is that I completely don't understand how EXTERNC
>sometimes generates the AS immediately and for createjs it is invoked
>twice. The first time creating JS output, the second time creating AS
>output. This is really strange as I would like to Build all projects the
>same way or at least know why they are built differently and document
>this in the pom.

Crap, forgot all about that "feature".  The js-root option gets the
ExternC compiler to consume the JS implementation of a library where the
code has function bodies and doesn't have a clean mapping from its file
paths to package names and output the .js files that ExternC otherwise
expects.  I supposed it could be another tool broken out from ExternC or
maybe we could make ExternC's normal code paths handle the situations the
js-root handles.

HTH,
-Alex