flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [FALCONJX] Allowing certain kinds of overrides
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 00:58:46 GMT

As I've been trying to get FlexJS to compile Flex code, there are some
pain points.  One is the parent property of UI widgets.

In IUIBase.as, we want the parent to be another IUIBase

    function get parent():IUIBase

But the Flex SDK is expecting a DisplayObjectContainer.
    override function get parent():DisplayObjectContainer

The migration cost of changing all uses of DisplayObjectContainer to
IUIBase is daunting, so I've been pondering having the FalconJX compiler
allow an overridden type to extend or implement the base class's type.

What would go bad if we allowed that?

View raw message