flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Glenn Williams" <i...@tinylion.co.uk>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] How about bringing Falcon and ASJS together?
Date Sun, 27 Mar 2016 16:31:23 GMT
Hi all

As a sub-question:

What's the current state of Falcon for compiling Flex SDK apps?

I've not been able to keep up to date here as much as I'd like to. The last time I looked
Falcon was not anywhere near complete enough to be used. Is this still the case?

Thanks folks

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: 27 March 2016 15:31
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] How about bringing Falcon and ASJS together?

We've had this discussion before.  Falcon was also intended to be the next-generation compiler
for the regular Flex SDK, and FalconJX is being considered for other non-Apache frameworks
like Feathers.

Is it really true that no Maven projects have validation suites against downstream projects?
 Maybe the integration tests need to be in a different repo or something?

On 3/27/16, 2:38 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>I don't know if we had this discussion recently, but I would like to
>propose to bring together the two sub-projects Falcon and ASJS. The
>reason for this is that they are naturally tightly connected, which
>becomes obvious every time a release is coming and internally a lot of
>tests depend on ASJS and ASJS needs Falcon to be built. This
>entanglement makes it hard do releases Maven-style. Bringing both
>together should make a lot of things easier.
>If the problem is adjusting the build for the merged project, I could
>disable the cross-cutting tests (as I already have) and do the same
>Maven conversion for ASJS. As soon as that's done it should be easy to
>merge both parts.
>And I would propose to name the project "FlexJS".
>What do you think?

View raw message