flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: [FALCONJX]Compiling Falcon with externs problems
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 20:50:44 GMT
Ok ... so what do you think of this? ;-)

[INFO] Total time: 14.472 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2016-02-19T21:35:49+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 29M/387M

And the cool thing ... without a single environment variable ;-)

I finally managed to build the falcon.jar completely with maven.
Besides moving stuff around, I did need to create two additional artifacts:
1. A maven plugin (falcon-unknown-tree-handler-generator-maven-plugin) that generates some
strange class from an xml file for that I moved the org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.UnknownTreePatternInputOutput
class to that plugin (A code generation helper shouldn't be part of the falcon jar anyway)
2. I needed to move the interface org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.as.codegen.IASNodeAdapter
into a dedicated jar as this class needs to be compiled in order for JBurg to be able to run.

Additionally I needed to change one thing in JBurg as JBurg 1.10.2 uses SystemClassloader
to load things and I needed to change it to use the context classloader.

One thing that's really ugly though, is that Antlr seems to look for the vocabulary files
"ImportMetadataTokenTypes.txt" in the directory where the VM is started. Which is the root
of the maven project ... have to figure out something how I can avoid that. Will dig in to
the sources of the Antlr plugin and hopefully sort that out soon.

But one thing that could be good, would  be to streamline the used generators a little ...
we are using Antlr2, Antlr3, JFlex, JBurg and our own custom one ... think that's not really
nice for useablity. But for now I'll focus on the maven migration.