flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: New Website Work
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 11:55:41 GMT

Hi Nicholas,

well regarding the hosting Problem. I am pretty sure if you contact the Infra guys, that they
will provide us with the means to host our website. I would strongly object to host it anywhere
outside the ASF. We could also use this for running a BlazeDS or JSON service that the TourDeFlex
needs (Or where does this stuff currently come from?)

Von: Nicholas Kwiatkowski <nicholaskwiatkowski@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Februar 2016 01:32
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: New Website Work

Over the last few weeks, I've been working on the new version of the
website.  It's being updated to include the new Apache branding, integrate
the different documentation sets into the website, and make it easier for
people to find the information they need.

You can see a preview of it here :  http://flex.suroot.com

There is still a lot of work to be done, but a lot of the hard stuff is
already taken care of :
  - New CMS setup has been built (based on Mura)
  - CMS has been integrated into Apache infra systems (LDAP for auth, GIT
for final push to servers)
  - New template has been integrated.  Updated to match new branding

These are still things I need to do :
  - Get the docs to show up right (asdocs and donated livedocs)
  - Finish importing content  (very little is there right now, but it is a
matter of pointing the CMS to the old mdtext files to import)
  - Testing and documentation for committers.

What will end up happening is that we will either need a host built
somewhere (pretty much anywhere -- the entire thing is packaged up as a WAR
file), or we will be passing along the WAR file and running it on a local
copy of tomcat.

I would love to hear your feedback and criticisms of the new site.  If we
don't run into too many blockers, we could have it ready for testing and
staging within a week or so.

View raw message