flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Think I found out, why the falcon integration-tests never succeed when running them
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 17:51:40 GMT
Wow, that's really interesting.  I'd be happy to simplify and remove
localized compiler errors.  I suppose an alternative is to add an error
"identifier" to the error output.  I think an error number is currently
used, but error numbers don't really help in a search.  I think other
compilers use better identifiers like E_RESOURCE_BUNDLE_NOT_FOUND.

Anybody think we should go down that road?

Thanks,
-Alex

On 2/24/16, 9:14 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <joshtynjala@gmail.com> wrote:

>In the past, I have heard other non-English speakers say the same thing as
>Chris and Félix. There's more web content (blog posts, forum threads,
>etc.)
>about the English error messages, so trying to search for the error in
>other languages ends up excluding relevant content.
>
>- Josh
>
>On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Félix GERZAGUET
><felix.gerzaguet@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Christofer Dutz <
>> christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Actually in the past they have slowed me down, cause if I have an
>>error,
>> > which I don't understand, I can be certain that I need to feed google
>> with
>> > the english version, so I tried to guess the english one and
>>eventually
>> > look it up in the resource-bundles :-)
>> >
>>
>> I had the exact same experience.
>> For a developper facing error message, I prefer english.
>>
>> --Félix
>>

Mime
View raw message