flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FALCONJX][FLEXJS] XML handling (was Re: [FlexJS] Back port)
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 06:49:59 GMT

On 2/17/16, 10:34 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> But Windows doesn't even have native processes for grep and sed and
>> requiring CygWin or GitBash doesn't seem like a good idea.
>ActionScript has RegExp support [1] so an AIR grep wouldn’t be too hard
>to create. Remind me what do the build scripts use grep for?

I don't think our builds call out to grep explicitly, but we do use the
ReplaceRegExp Ant task in some cases and I'm not sure we have AntOnAIR
fully equivalent.

AntOnAIR currently has enough to run the installer.xml scripts, but I
think it is missing stuff we use in our build.xml and download.xml files.
Tar/Jar also come to mind.  And, of course, it is still mimic-ing Ant,
which some folks don't like.

The AntOnAIR project has a tests/AntOnAIR.mxml which in theory you can
feed the command line "-f <some ant script>" and see how far it gets with
our build.xml files.

View raw message