flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Taylor <ja...@dedoose.com>
Subject RE: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 19:06:07 GMT
where do we register?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 10:42 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: [FLEXJS] FlexJS Event: Monday April 4, 2016 in San Francisco

It's on!  The conference room is booked and I've got my plane tickets.
Even if you already said you will attend, please reply again to confirm.

The event will be held in the ATS Training Room at Adobe's San Francisco office located at
601 Townsend St.

The current agenda is:
 9:30am Doors Open
10:00am Introduction to FlexJS - Alex Harui 11:00am Writing JavaScript in ActionScript - Omprakash
Muppirala 12:00pm - 5:00pm (or later) Hackathon/Hands-on Training/Open Discussion

There will be lunch as part of the afternoon session.  Impromptu presentations on other aspects
of FlexJS may be put together and presented in the afternoon as discussion topics arise.

At the end of the morning sessions, you will have seen how FlexJS works and how you can use
MXML and ActionScript to write applications that run in browser and as desktop and mobile
apps with or without the Flash/AIR runtime.  And you will have an understanding of how ActionScript
is being used to write JavaScript with greater developer productivity.  Did you
know:  there are no longer any .js files in the FlexJS code base.  All JavaScript we need
is written in ActionScript and cross-compiled.  No more forgetting to type 'this.' or mis-typing
a property name and finding out at run-time.

At the end of the afternoon session, you will have installed the FlexJS SDK and written (at
least) a simple application and, if interested, set up the FlexJS development environment
so you can contribute to the future of Flex.

Hope to see you there.
-Alex

PS:  If this event proves to be successful, we might stage other events in other regions during
the year.  Seattle is certainly a possibility.