flex-dev mailing list archives

From XaviConde <javier.co...@gruposame.com>
Subject Developing Flex SDK with Flex Builder
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 12:51:03 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've downloaded and built successfully flex 4.15.0 from source, following
the steps in README (ant main, ant frameworks-rsls, ant -f installer.xml).
>From Flex Builder, I've configured the new SDK from Preferences as an
available SDK. Then, I've selected the newly built SDK for my project, and
tested both application and SDK successfully.

Later on I've made some changes to the SDK source code, but when I try to
run 'ant main' again, the build fails with
'apache-flex-sdk-4.15.0-src\modules\compiler\build.xml:171: Warning: Could
not find file C:\...\apache-flex-sdk-4.15.0-src\in\flex-tool-api.jar to
copy.'

According to the instructions in README, in order to prepare the SDK for an
IDE, I have to run 'ant -f installer.xml'. But when I run this step, the
folder 'in' is removed, so I can't build the source anymore, unless I run
'ant super-clean main'.

Is there any way to build the source from Flex Builder as a project so I
don't have to run 'ant main super-clean' every time I change the sources?

Thanks in advance!