flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: Flex SDK Converter Maven Extension available
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:19:01 GMT
Well they should be quite up to date ... I am also thinking about releasing Flexmojos 7.1.0
this weekend (assuming that I will get some free time by my girlfriend ;-) )

If you need any help with the transition, please feel free to ask any question. I'll do my
best to assist you.

Chris

Von: Mihai Chira <mihai.chira@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. Januar 2016 15:36
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: Flex SDK Converter Maven Extension available

Also just noticed [2], which seems to have been updated much more recently.

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Quick+Start+Guide:+Building+Apache+Flex+applications+using+Maven

On 29 January 2016 at 15:29, Mihai Chira <mihai.chira@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my team we are looking into - perhaps - moving our Flex app build
> to Maven, from ant. Is the information at [1] up to date for how we
> can achieve this? Thanks.
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Building+Flex+applications+with+Maven
>
> On 20 April 2015 at 21:24, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
>> Ok I just fixed a little bug in the converter ...
>>
>> As I stripped the build number from the flex version, no rsl was copied to the maven
repo. I just fixed that problem, now the rsls are correctly deployed to the output.

>> Chris

in the Flex SDK we don't provide all themes as swcs. I made the flex converter automatically
compile any non swc themes to swc format in order to be able to use all themes equally. In
order to compile, you need a playerglobal and that's not present in the binary distribution.
Therefore the flex converter downloads the minimum version for this task only.

>> Regarding the FM error. Did you compile with "-X" option to show stacktraces? Would
be helpful as the log doesn't really show much usefull information. One thing I could immagine:
The failling project ... does this use font encoding? This is no longer part of the "compiler"
artifact. If your module needs font encoding and font embeding, you need to add an additional
plugin dependency to com.adobe:fontkit:1.0:pom

>> Chris

and FM 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT to verify.

>> 1- I noticed you have a dependency to flash player 10.2, is this for the minimum
version in case it is not specify ?
>> 2- I removed the FM dependency of flexmojos-threadlocaltoolkit-wrapper to fonkit
which is not in the compiler pom anymore and while it compiles some projects it fails on others
with something not really helpful https://paste.apache.org/nIkS

>> Does it mean something for you ?
>>
>> Frédéric THOMAS
>>
>>> From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
>>> To: dev@flex.apache.org
>>> Subject: AW: AW: Flex SDK Converter Maven Extension available
>>> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:21:47 +0000
>>>
>>> Yup ... I know exactly why you are getting this cause I had to figgure that out
too :-)
>>> Maven 3.3 has higher requirements for the Java Version ... you need at least
a Java 1.7 VM

>>> Chris

into the lib/ext folder along with the extensions.xml of my fresh maven 3.3.1 (I still was
in 3.0.5) and got this even though after I removed the extensions.xml:

>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli
: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

>>> Any clue ?
>>>
>>> Frédéric THOMAS

to MAVEN_HOME/lib/ext and try to build a Flex project with Flexmojos, the magic will kick
in instantly.

the extension using the ".mvn/extensions.xml" mechanism. I'll fix that as soon as possible.

be a good opportunity to try this version too.

(AKA Mavenizer). I ended up with a version of Flexmojos that allowed to build flex applications
without any dependencies at all (compiler, player/airglobal, framework were added automatically).
By setting some properties flexmojos would auto-download the resources and convert them. I
even managed to have the compiler resources automatically added to the plugin classpath.

deal really well with this. For example the dependency:tree plugin doesn't show the libs and
IntelliJ doesn't either. I was also really worried that I was working around mavens dependency
resolutions strategies which could mess up some things big time.

maven extension. You can think of this as a plugin for maven itself. With this I added a Maven
"EventSpy" which monitors Maven for resolution requests to Flex related artifacts. If one
of these fail to resolve, the SDK Converter kicks in to download, convert and install the
artifacts. Depending on the Maven version you are using this has to be installed slightly
different.

related to flex installed by executing:

FDKs now have three digit versions an no longer contain the build number ... so instead of
using 4.14.1.20150325 you just use 4.14.1 instead. Additionally now for the flash sdk a "com.adobe.flash:framework:pom"
is created in order to have all sdk parts in sync.