flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey May <mayje...@isu.edu>
Subject Flex in a week data services
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 15:23:16 GMT
Hello,

I am writing at the request of Twitter handle @ApacheFlex regarding the
"Flex in a Week Training" series, which I am currently participating in.

Many of the exercises require the trainee to make http service calls to a
server that was hosted by adobe but is no longer online (
http://www.adobetes.com).  There were several services here that are
necessary to complete the exercises, but I unable specifically what most of
them are.

I have discovered an individual who hosted similar services for the purpose
of completing these exercises, but the data is not complete.  For instance,
a Cold Fusion database service used by some of the exercises is provided ,
but the database does not seem to contain any data.  This makes it
impossible to complete the exercises with the same results described in the
training videos/exercise documents.  You can access these service here:

http://adobetes.beammath.com/.

Since Apache continues to promote the Flex in a Week training series on the
Flex website, I believe that you would have interest in correcting this so
that those wishing to learn Flex can derive full utility from this
otherwise incomplete training series.

I look forward to your response.  Please let me know if I may be able to
provide any additional information that may be useful, and I will attempt
to do so. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jeff A. May
MS Geographic Information Science | Idaho State University
GIS Training and Research Center | Pocatello, ID 83209