flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: flexjs game hugryhero
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:53:54 GMT
Any reason we want to embed images?  It makes sense in a swf because it is
a compact file format.

For the HTML version if we stick a big base 64 image in the minified code,
we are unnecessarily making the initial download size bigger.

A better approach would be to use spritesheets when dealing with image
data.   These spritesheets should be downloaded on demand like all other
assets.

Thanks,
Om