flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FALCONJX][FLEXJS] XML handling (was Re: [FlexJS] Back port)
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:53:35 GMT
I’m trying to figure out namespace behavior.

I’m probably tired, but can someone tell me why the  “catalog_item” var in this test
(on line 70) does not get any results?

https://gist.github.com/Harbs/c24285b3af80eeed251d

On Jan 10, 2016, at 9:18 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> It’s kind of vague to me, but I’m assuming an InScopeNamespace means a namespace
defined by an XML element, or one of its ancestors. I’m not entirely clear on all the nuances
of namespace behavior in XML.

> I’m not sure what happens when an element is moved from one XML object to another if
it has a prefix, but no xmlns defined. I guess there needs to be some reference to the Namespace
even though it’s not defined in the xml element? What happens if the prefix means one uri
in one xml structure, but means another uri in another? Does it keep the prefix and have it
redefined to a new uri, lose it, or does the same prefix mean different things in the same
structure?