flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [VOTE] Remove the Ant scripts from BlazeDS?
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 15:15:05 GMT
Öhm ... just noticed who actually wrote that last message :-) Sorry for the over-detailled
email.

Just started comparing the develop and the 4.8.0 branch and there were quite I lot of changes
I did. Especially in bringing the directory structure to a default maven structure. I actually
didn't quite notice this as my IDE hid the details of the structure.

What do you think ... 4.8.0 is a full blown maven default structure ... re-doing all of that
is quite some effort. Especially cleaning up the tomcat projects.

Would it be another option to add the Ant build to 4.8.0 and to merge that to develop as soon
as it's done?

Chris

Von: Christofer Dutz
Gesendet: Montag, 28. Dezember 2015 16:07
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: AW: [VOTE] Remove the Ant scripts from BlazeDS?

Well actually I was thinking about dropping that branch, as I re-did the cleanup in the develop
branch. I still kept it there in order to find out if I did any changes that I missed. But
I just checked and I could easily build 4.8.0. Having a deeper look at the code however I
did notice that in the parent chain one level was skipped. This can cause problems when building
the first time. I fixed this and now these problems shouldn't occur any more, but I would
strongly suggest not to work on the 4.8.0 branch ... I have to clean this up first.

The main reason for this was that I did some changes in the structure that were not backed
by the majority of the Flex project, so I started from develop again and re did only the changed
that have public backing.

Thinking about it, It should actually be the ideal time to do that right away ... I'll keep
you posted on my progress.

Chris