flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [DISCUSS] Adopting AS3Commons
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2015 09:30:37 GMT
Hi ... adding my few cents to the discussion ;-)

- I would vote for streamlining the packaging and give it some package / artifact names down
the path of "org.apache.flex.commons" ... no real need for the "as3" as I think the apache-flex
allready sets the path.
- I would make it a seperate sub-project as as3commons reference a huge amount of other libraries
which I don't quite know the license status of ... I would expect some to be Apache-Bad-Style
licenses and I don't want these issues to block further releases of the SDK
- I would make it a seperate sub-project as as3commons is currently build with maven and the
SDK is not ...
- I would make it a seperate sub-project as there is no need to release all this stuff for
each new SDK (Especially as I would doubt that there would be too much contributions to it
... as3commons is allready open-sourced and not much is happening ... and I'm not expecting
too much to happen here)

We have lots of sub-projects that have been donated that haven't been finished or released
yet ... I don't want to add another huge code base that's not taken care of. But getting an
official Apache release of these would enable us to publish versions to Maven-Central, making
things a lot easier for Maven people like me ;-)

But with this codebase I would volunteer to get it up to shape as this is built with Maven
and Flexmojos and I think this is actually the place I need to contribute after dropping the
ball on all non-maven things ;-)

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----