flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: mustella for charts
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 19:32:47 GMT
I don't see any obvious degradation, but I know folks much better eyes than I do.  I think
you are seeing the difference in rendering between device and embedded fonts and maybe also
TextLine vs TextField.

There have been complaints in the past about embedded fonts looking more fuzzy or blurry compared
to device fonts.  I think it has to do with the glyph renderer getting too confident that
it can render stems on half-pixels instead of messing with kerning to try to put stems on
pixels.

-Alex

From: Mark Kessler <kesslerconsulting@gmail.com<mailto:kesslerconsulting@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, December 11, 2015 at 11:21 AM
To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>" <dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: mustella for charts

Original baseline image: http://tinypic.com/r/245y5xe/9
Current Bad image: http://tinypic.com/r/f0nnd0/9

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Mark Kessler <kesslerconsulting@gmail.com<mailto:kesslerconsulting@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I'll hold off then for now.  But I can tell you the current fonts being shown in the baseline
have a higher clarity than what the new baselines would show.  I'll see if this example goes
through. First is current, second is the new one.

[Inline image 3][Inline image 4]
-Mark

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com<mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>