flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adopting AS3Commons
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2015 05:25:28 GMT
I'm not a fan of changing the package names.  Already this week we heard folks wanting AMF
because they don't want to change their backend, and I've heard several folks wanting a more
Spark-like API surface for FlexJS.   My new mantra for 2016 is to try to not make more work
for folks who are migrating their code.

What do we really gain by changing package names and making folks alter their code?  Would
we also switch out mx and spark for org.apache.flex?

I suppose we could bundle AS3Commons with the SDK, but keep in mind that I think we want to
make as much of AS3Commons work for FlexJS as well.

@Chris and/or Christophe, what other libraries is AS3Commons dependent on that we need to
be concerned about?

Thanks,
-Alex

From: jude <flexcapacitor@gmail.com<mailto:flexcapacitor@gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 8:30 PM
To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>" <dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Adopting AS3Commons

If someone will help me with that I'll do it. What I'm thinking is when you create a new Flex
project you get all of the SWC's by default.

So in this case we have something like this:

[Inline image 1]

We need to add the new components set in there, the as3commons in there and the other packages
we have but aren't including. Some of the new Spark components should be put into the Spark
project folders. "But they may not be perfect!" Put. them. in. People will finally find them
for once, then use them, then we can get some bug reports and fix things as they come up.
PUT THEM IN. It may make one tough release but we'll be working towards a feature complete
spark release and we'll successfully have integrated an external project (as3commons) into
the main project.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 12:33 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosmallm@gmail.com<mailto:bigosmallm@gmail.com>>