flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [FLEXJS] AMF (was Re: AW: lib sprite flexjs,add graphics.as (canvas))
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 17:37:04 GMT

On 12/2/15, 1:37 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Actually I don't think you need to add anything to BlazeDS I think the
>Spring-Flex guys for example already did that work.
>I know that you can configure Spring MVC Rest Controllers to
>auto-serialize data depending on the Accept header of a request. So if
>xml is requested, a xml response is sent back, if json is requested, json
>is returned.

That's cool, but doesn't both this approach and Om's approach require
different client code in the SWF version vs the HTML/JS version?  You'd
have to set the Accept header or resultFormat based on whether you are
running the SWF version or JS version.  Is there a way to use some other
header that has a better chance of being different between the two
versions?  Then the cross-compile would "just work".  Or should the FlexJS
HTTPService have different Accept header defaults in the SWF code vs the
JS code?

View raw message