flex-dev mailing list archives

From Kessler CTR Mark J <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: Mustella fixing (was Re: Next Flex SDK release)
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:54:55 GMT
Well remember it's not just about rotating axis labels, but rotating the entire display to
print out landscape easily.

We try to use only spark components where we can.  But things like charts and PrintDataGrids
help knock out some decent reports.  However they are mx only.

For the embedded fonts, we have 4 declarations in our css.  With / without CFF for both the
regular font and bold font.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2015 11:11 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mustella fixing (was Re: Next Flex SDK release)

Ah yes, axis label rotation forces you to embed the fonts.  I'm wondering
how many folks take advantage of rotated axis labels?

In your apps with Charts, are they using Spark controls in the rest of the

Many people have to embed both a normal and bold font, the thing is, with
the current code in the repo, if you had embedded those fonts with
embedAsCFF=true to use in Spark controls, you would have to now also embed
the font with embedAsCFF=false, and if you use bold labels on the Charts,
you would need to embed both the normal and bold font with

View raw message