flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Splitting up debug and release builds
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 05:56:59 GMT
On Dec 15, 2015 8:45 PM, "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/15, 4:21 PM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
> <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The FB External tools task: FlexJS (FalconJX Debug and Release Build),
> > always runs the debug and release builds.  Most of the time when I am
> >developing, I don't need the release build.  If we split it up, we can
> >reduce the development compile times, right?
> Yes, it will save time, but I'm not sure how much.  A big chunk of time
> also goes to copying of the Google Closure Library to bin/js-debug.

Can we link to the google closure library in the sdk folder instead of
copying it to js-debug folder?  The debug code usually does not get
deployed out of the dev box.  Thoughts?

> we should tie the generation of the js-release version to the debug flag?

That sounds good to me.   In the JS world it had become a common practise
to have a minify task in a grunt/gulp release build step.   This usually
takes quite a bit of time.