flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [TLF] getText() for InlineGraphicElement
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 16:23:13 GMT
Is this used to put text on the clipboard?

Sent from my LG G3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

------ Original message------

From: Harbs

Date: Sun, Dec 13, 2015 5:29 AM

To: dev@flex.apache.org;

Subject:[TLF] getText() for InlineGraphicElement

I have a question in reference to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34988

It seems like getText() was never implemented for InlineGraphicElements. By default it returns
an empty string.

In FTE, ContentElement has two properties: text and rawText. text returns the text minus any
non-text items. rawText returns non-text (such as inline graphics) as \uFDEF.

ParagraphElement.getText() uses rawText if the TextBlock for the paragraph exists and recursively
calls getText() on all the sub elements if it does not. This causes the bug mentioned in the
JIRA.

There’s two ways to fix this:

1. We can return \uFDEF in getText() of InlineGraphicElement.
2. We can use text rather than rawText in ParagraphElement.

I’m not sure which way is “correct”. I think the first way is more “right”.

Thoughts?