flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Installer downloading Google Closure redundantly?
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:04:52 GMT

We have two dependencies on Google Closure.  The FlexJS framework code
relies on the Google Closure Library (GCL) for both event and dependency
management.  The FalconJX compiler uses the Google Closure Compiler (GCC)
to validate and optimize the output JS whether your JS relies on Google
Closure Library or not.

The FlexJS binary package bundles GCL.  IMO, we did that because GCL was
constantly being updated and the MD5 kept changing.  The FalconJX package
does not bundle GCC since GCC has binary releases we can use that don't
change MD5s.

We could bundle more stuff in FalconJX if that's helpful, although I think
that Maven doesn't want bundling for artifacts that exist in Maven
Central.  I think GCC is available via Node.

HTH,
-Alex