flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache FlexJS 0.5.0
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 09:08:35 GMT

> Nobody is saying simpler builds wouldn’t help.  But how much?

A lot I think. Developer are unable to contribute if they can’t compile and test their changes.

>  More than a more functional DataGrid?  Or a more Spark and/or MX-like component set
> that reduces migration time for your app?  Or being able to write your JS
> using AS?

IMO you would more likely get people contribution things like that if it was simpler to build.

> To folks reading this who are interested in
> FlexJS: what is the most important two or three things we should be
> working on?

1. Simpler builds
2. More frequent releases (say every 3 or 4 months).
3. Compiling MXML
4. Working documented examples / how to port existing applications

> The build script was improved in this release such that if you have a
> couple of known sets of circumstances, like not having any of the repos,
> that running “ant all” will get all the repos and build them in the right
> order.

I meant to ask before does that use well known versions or does it just grab the latest out
of the develop (or another) branch?

View raw message