flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex FalconJX 0.5.0 RC1
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 23:43:07 GMT
Hi,

> I am unable to find an event.js in the source package.  What folder is it
> in?

./externs/GCL/src/goog/events.as but the same would apply to any file under /externs/GCL.

> The LICENSE file should include the text:
> "The .as files in externs/GCL/src were hand-ported from the Google
> Closure Library which are available under Apache License 2.0."

Can you explain why (preferably with links to policy) why should the LICENSE include that
text?

This seems a bit odd to me "hand-ported” implies to me that we've taken someone else code
and modified it. If the file was originally AL by someone else then there's no need to add
it to license [1] (but that’s only a minor non blocking issue). If the copyright is owned
by someone else and that was removed then we potentially have a blocking issue. [2][3]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice