flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building FlexJS from source
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:59:55 GMT
I tried the IntelliJ setup instructions as well (for the nightly) and that’s not very successful
either.

Information:[DataBindingTest]: Starting Flex compiler:
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -d32 "-Dapplication.home=/Users/harbs/Documents/Apache
Flex Dist/FlexJS Nightly" -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Duser.language=en
-Duser.region=en -Xmx512m -classpath "/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA 14.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/idea-flex-compiler-fix.jar:/Applications/IntelliJ
IDEA 14.app/Contents/plugins/flex/lib/flex-compiler.jar:/Users/harbs/Documents/Apache Flex
Dist/FlexJS Nightly/lib/flex-compiler-oem.jar" com.intellij.flex.compiler.FlexCompiler 62279
Information:[DataBindingTest]: mxmlc -load-config=/Users/harbs/Library/Caches/IntelliJIdea14/compile-server/_temp_/IntelliJ_IDEA/idea-893BF8A3-A96B7460.xml
-load-config+=\Users\Harbs\Documents\Apache Flex Dist\FlexJS\ide\IDEA\intellij-config.xml
-js-output-type=FLEXJS_DUAL
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at flex2.tools.Tool.compile(Tool.java:73)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at flex2.tools.Mxmlc.mxmlc(Mxmlc.java:75)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at com.intellij.flex.compiler.flex4.Flex4Handler.compileSwf(Flex4Handler.java:81)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: at com.intellij.flex.compiler.CompilationThread.run(CompilationThread.java:48)
Information:[DataBindingTest]: Compilation failed
Information:10/25/15, 11:58 AM - Compilation completed with 2 errors and 0 warnings in 3 sec
Error:[DataBindingTest]: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/flex/compiler/clients/MXMLJSC$JSOutputType
: Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
Error:[DataBindingTest]: Compilation terminated

On Oct 25, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some more hitches:
>
> I’m following the instructions on the wiki[1]
>
> 1) It seems that building the source does not produce a recognized SDK. I cannot add
it as an SDK in Flash Builder.
> 2) The installation of FlexJS Nightly does produce a recognized SDK, and I was able to
add that.
> 3) I followed the instructions for adding the project, but FB is acting kind of funny.
It’s not showing all the files in the Package Explorer. I used the Navigator to open the
DataBinding example in the editor, but some classes are not recognized. For example: org.apache.flex.events.EventDispatcher
> 4) I’m not getting any kind of code hinting at all. I have a feeling it’s related
to the error below.
> 5) When I added the develop build as a build configuration it did not work at all. When
I added the nightly build, I get the following error when trying to run:

> usage: dirname path
> Using Falcon codebase: /../..
> Using Flex SDK: /../..
> Error: Unable to access jarfile /../lib/mxmlc.jar
>
> [1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Using+FlexJS+with+Adobe+Flash+Builder
> On Oct 22, 2015, at 10:45 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for finding that!
>>
>> It now appears to build fine. The build works even without that extra arg value.
>>
>> OK. Next task is to try and target the developer build of FlexJS and see if I can
put together an app using that.

>> On Oct 22, 2015, at 4:27 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I think I was able to reproduce your problem.  Falcon is looking for
>>> env.properties in a different place and doesn’t use the arg value passéd
>>> in.
>>>
>>> I pushed a change to Falcon to fix that.  So pull changes to flex-falcon
>>> before trying again and run “ant all”.  You may need to add the
>>>
>>> <arg value="+env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME=${env.PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME}”
>>>

>>> to other build.xml files although the build now passes for me with what I
>>> think your set up is.
>>>
>>> -Alex

I see