flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ENQUIRY] Some general feedback on our build system
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2015 09:49:10 GMT

> Q1: Have you ever built flex-sdk, flex-falcon, flex-asjs, …?

Yes.

> Q2: Did you have any problems with this?

Yes. My biggest issues are generally related to setting up environment variables and mapping
dependencies to get things to compile correctly. It seems trickier than it should be.

> Q3: If you were having problems, would making this easier make you contribute (more)?

Definitely. Like Om mentioned, there’s overhead getting back into things when you have been
stale for a little while. Being able to just jump back in (and set up other machines) with
little overhead would be VERY helpful.

> Q4: Do you think it is important to have the latest development version available as
binaries (via Installer and Maven)?

I’m not sure. For me personally, I think being able to build the binaries from the latest
source with a single click seems more important for working on the development branch.

For trying it out, I can see where this would be useful.

Of course, I know nothing about Maven and have never used it.

Harbs