flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Starting to clean-up things
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 09:37:55 GMT
Ok ... so for today I first tried to find out the maven artifact corrdinates of the stuff we
need in the flex-sdk.

Also, as all of the projects that needed patching seem to be Apache projects, I subscribed
to their dev-lists and asked for directions on how to get our fixes into the official projects.

For Xalan this seems to be pretty easy ... for velocity and batik this will be a little difficult
as I have to find out what Adobe thought to do differently ... unfortunately they "fixed"
things by forking the packages (introducing a "fork" part into the package). Will have to
manually extract and undo the package renaming and compare that to the original code. Hopefully
as a result I will be able to fix up a patch, that I can submit.

Ideally there could be releases of Xalan, Velocity and Batik containing the fixes we rely
on.

After that the next step would be to adjust the flex-sdk to work with the new versions and
completely remove the patch stuff. This would definitely make things a lot easier.

Also I thing we could remove a lot of the licensing stuff from the build as in the meanwhile
most of the projects (xml-apis, xml-apis-ext, batik, ...) have been donated to Apache, hereby
no longer needing any special attention.

Chris