flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: What's actually the difference between the "Flashplayer" and the "Flash Content Debugger"?
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 05:40:22 GMT
Well the playerglobals are all about the same size, but if you go down a little, the "Flash
Player 18.0.0.241" claims to be 257,28MB ... while the projector for 18 is just about 11,5MB
and the debug projector is 12,5MB

Well they currently only put on display the projector for 19, but having a look at the url:
https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/19/flashplayer_19_sa_debug.exe
I quickly found out what the one for 18 should probably look like ;-)

So there is quite a difference in size ... that's why I asked what the difference is, as I
would really like to just use the projector in maven for running unit tests (Well I am using
that since the dawn of time, but I want it to be used automatically matching the playerglobal
version)

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2015 17:40
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: What's actually the difference between the "Flashplayer" and the "Flash Content
Debugger"?

On 10/6/15, 5:05 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I know this question sounds stupid, but I'm currently playing around
>adding "runtime" for "flash" in the sdk converter (Currently in the
>Brainstorming phase so none has to we worried about license stuff at
>the moment ;-) )
>

>One thing I noticed is that in the flashplayer archive:
>https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.
>htm l each flashplayer is huge, but the debug projector is relatively
>small ... what do we actually need for our tests? The full blown
>mega-player or does the light and easy projector do the
>job?https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

I’m not sure what you looked at, but I went to that page and downloaded the archive for
18.0.0.241.  It contains about 12 different Flash Players for ActiveX, Mac, etc, debuggers
and release players.  Each package seemed to be close to the same size as the debugger projector
player package, but I didn’t run the installers to see whether a particular player expanded
to be much bigger.

What did you see?
-Alex