flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: [FLEXJS][FALCONJX] Builds and CI (was Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: [DISCUSS] Release Apache FlexJS 0.5.0)
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 05:43:45 GMT
It isn't a personal favour ... as far as I understood, they usually try to keep going without
cause it would be a nightmare for them, if every project wanted their own VM. There are however
several exceptions where it is needed. For example the OpenOffice team seem to be hogging
a Mac instance for quite some time now. I think I convinced Gavin, that for our project it
would make things easier for them if we could log in. I think he now agrees to that.

On a VM that someone on the project owns, we have to take care of creating and managing users
by ourselves. If the owner doesn't want to / cant grant us access anymore, were hanging in
the air. On a ASF VM this will probably added to the ASF LDAP hereby preventing a VM lockout
and you simply have to use your ASF credentials.

I for my part no longer know where the machines currently running builds are and what credentials
I need to log in.

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2015 23:19
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [FLEXJS][FALCONJX] Builds and CI (was Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: [DISCUSS] Release
Apache FlexJS 0.5.0)

On 10/7/15, 1:40 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>As it does seem that there is a little bad blood, let me please take
>care of this personally.
>I know that Gavin is currently still on his way back to Austrailia and
>will probably arrive tomorrow.
>I'll ping him in one or two days.

You are more than welcome to pursue this.  I’m still concerned that a VM granted to us based
on personal connections could go away.  It is either official Infra policy to support these
VMs or not.

>One thing I would recommend though, is to have a Flex-Private Jenkins
>Agent running on this VM. It would be controlled by the ASF Jenkins,
>but the jobs would be running on it. This way we could have the
>snapshot deployment running and would be integrated in the ASF LDAP. I
>would really like to have this sort of stuff controlled by the ASF.
>Currently it seems as if someone left with the door closed, we couldn't
>do anything to get back in.

I’m not sure what that means, but I trust you’ll get things to work.
Hopefully it will be straightforward for us to maintain if you ever find yourself unable to
do so.

-Alex