flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: What's actually the difference between the "Flashplayer" and the "Flash Content Debugger"?
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 15:39:39 GMT

On 10/6/15, 5:05 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I know this question sounds stupid, but I'm currently playing around
>adding "runtime" for "flash" in the sdk converter (Currently in the
>Brainstorming phase so none has to we worried about license stuff at the
>moment ;-) )
>

>One thing I noticed is that in the flashplayer archive:
>https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.htm
>l each flashplayer is huge, but the debug projector is relatively small
>... what do we actually need for our tests? The full blown mega-player or
>does the light and easy projector do the
>job?https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

I’m not sure what you looked at, but I went to that page and downloaded
the archive for 18.0.0.241.  It contains about 12 different Flash Players
for ActiveX, Mac, etc, debuggers and release players.  Each package seemed
to be close to the same size as the debugger projector player package, but
I didn’t run the installers to see whether a particular player expanded to
be much bigger.

What did you see?
-Alex