flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: AW: [DISCUSS] Release Apache FlexJS 0.5.0
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 05:12:23 GMT

> Oh ... is VF2JS still valid? I thought this approach was dropped?

Both can be true, I'm afraid.

I created VF2JS to leverage the power of the Flex SDK but allow for
publication to JS in case Flash wasn't an option. I delayed work on it to
help out with the development of FlexJS. And I think I delayed too long.
Anyway: life happened and currently I'm heavily involved in a number of
Google Closure/Javascript projects. This means (as I'm sure you noticed)
that I have very little time to spend on Flex :-(

VF2JS will likely never to see the daylight. Feel free to remove it from
the repo and strip it's compiler.jx implementations.

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software