flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache FlexJS 0.5.0
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 00:19:01 GMT

> I think you may not have picked up the full context of the question.  If
> you have a repo of framework code, its automated tests need the compiler
> to compile them.  Meanwhile repo of compiler code has an automated test to
> prove that any change to the compiler can still compile the framework.

Sounds like you just need to split the compiler tests into two sets and run in this order:
1. compile the compiler
2. run the non framework compiler tests
3. use the compiler to compile the framework
4. run the framework compiler tests
5. run the framework tests

> Concrete or more detailed suggestions are welcome.  We are already using CI.

Well it's depends on how you define CI as there are different maturity levels all the way
up to be able to deploy in production many times a day. For example see [1]

1. http://info.thoughtworks.com/rs/thoughtworks2/images/Continuous%20Delivery%20_%20A%20Maturity%20Assessment%20ModelFINAL.pdf
View raw message