flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions (was:Flex support in IntelliJ IDEA open sourced)
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 13:16:33 GMT

Hi Alexander,

I followed the steps [1] and assumed I had to use the EAP Minerva IU.142.4465.2 in conjunction
with the community edition tag idea/142.4465.2 and Flex plugin sources set on the master branch,
am I right ?

And I have some compilation errors though:

Information:Using javac 1.8.0_45 to compile java sources
Information:java: Errors occurred while compiling module 'flex-plugin'
Information:Module "flex-plugin" was fully rebuilt due to project configuration/dependencies
changes
Information:09/09/2015 13:34 - Compilation completed with 13 errors and 100 warnings in 11s
256ms
D:\vsubst\data\sources\jetBrains\idea\plugins\flex\src\com\intellij\lang\javascript\flex\importer\AS3InterfaceStubDumper.java
Error:(172, 25) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable DEFAULT_EXTENDS_LIST
  location: interface com.intellij.lang.javascript.JSStubElementTypes
Error:(186, 98) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable DEFAULT_EXTENDS_LIST
  location: interface com.intellij.lang.javascript.JSStubElementTypes
D:\vsubst\data\sources\jetBrains\idea\plugins\flex\src\com\intellij\javascript\flex\resolve\ActionScriptTypeEvaluator.java
Error:(38, 3) java: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
Error:(41, 42) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable myProcessedExpression
  location: class com.intellij.javascript.flex.resolve.ActionScriptTypeEvaluator
Error:(86, 3) java: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
Error:(91, 40) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable myProcessedExpression
  location: class com.intellij.javascript.flex.resolve.ActionScriptTypeEvaluator
Error:(106, 28) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable myJSElementsToApply
  location: class com.intellij.javascript.flex.resolve.ActionScriptTypeEvaluator
Error:(107, 43) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable myJSElementsToApply
  location: class com.intellij.javascript.flex.resolve.ActionScriptTypeEvaluator
Error:(109, 43) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable myJSElementsToApply
  location: class com.intellij.javascript.flex.resolve.ActionScriptTypeEvaluator
Error:(114, 12) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable myJSElementsToApply
  location: class com.intellij.javascript.flex.resolve.ActionScriptTypeEvaluator
Error:(117, 3) java: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
Error:(158, 17) java: method addTypeFromElementResolveResult in class com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.resolve.JSTypeEvaluator
cannot be applied to given types;
  required: com.intellij.lang.javascript.psi.JSReferenceExpression,com.intellij.psi.PsiElement,com.intellij.psi.PsiElement,boolean
  found: com.intellij.psi.PsiElement,boolean
  reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length
D:\vsubst\data\sources\jetBrains\idea\plugins\flex\src\com\intellij\lang\javascript\flex\FlexUtils.java
Error:(419, 38) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method getModuleDirPath(com.intellij.openapi.module.Module)
  location: class com.intellij.openapi.module.ModuleUtilCore
D:\vsubst\data\sources\jetBrains\idea\plugins\flex\src\com\intellij\lang\javascript\inspections\actionscript\ActionScriptAnnotatingVisitor.java
Information:java: Some input files additionally use or override a deprecated API.
Information:java: Some input files additionally use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

[1] https://github.com/JetBrains/intellij-plugins/tree/master/flex

> From: webdoublefx@hotmail.com
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: RE: AW: Flex support in IntelliJ IDEA open sourced
> Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 10:34:23 +0100
>
> Hi,
>
> That's absolutely a great news !!
> After having developed a plugin on top of that black / grey box, I'm happy to finally
see the code.

> > Directly working on the Flex integration directly will probably not be on my radar
for the next weeks.

> I will move / adapt what I did to make IntelliJ and FlexJS to work  together from the
compiler into IntelliJ Flex plugin following is architecture, I just gave a look to the sources
and the good news it that is seems quiet straightforward which btw doesn't mean it won't take
time :-)

> I have in mind at some point to improve the RSL support too except if someone beat me
in doing it and work with Chris if needed with the FlexJS / FlexMojos integration.

> Thanks,
> Frédéric THOMAS
>
> > From: christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
> > To: dev@flex.apache.org
> > Subject: AW: Flex support in IntelliJ IDEA open sourced
> > Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 07:05:24 +0000
> >
> > Hi Piotr,
> >
> > Well If you are talking about building FlexJS applications with Maven, probably
yes.

> > I hope not too much has changed since I first got Flexmojos to work with FlexJS
... would really make my life till ApacheCon harder if it did ;-)

> > At least that's what I'll be concentrating on first. After that I need to fine tune
IntelliJ to recognize the new Flexmojos SDKs (Mavenized Flex SDKs) as they are now split up
into 3 artifacts flex-compiler, air-compiler and fontkit.