flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [FLEXJS] Maven Packaging and Flexmojos Support
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:19:35 GMT

So I got a lot further in my efforts to adjust Flexmojos to support FlexJS (Even if I thought
I already did).

I added a new artifical artifact "org.apache.flex.flexjs.framework:framework:pom and zipped
the xml files in the framework directory. I even added all "project/*/*-manifest.xml" files.
Now I'm getting the following message from the compiler:

Could not find file for class: org.apache.flex.core.ILayoutParent

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find JavaScript filePath for class: org.apache.flex.core.ILayoutParent

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.graph.GoogDepsWriter.addDeps(GoogDepsWriter.java:176)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.graph.GoogDepsWriter.addDeps(GoogDepsWriter.java:210)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.graph.GoogDepsWriter.addDeps(GoogDepsWriter.java:210)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.graph.GoogDepsWriter.addDeps(GoogDepsWriter.java:210)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.graph.GoogDepsWriter.buildDB(GoogDepsWriter.java:128)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.graph.GoogDepsWriter.getListOfFiles(GoogDepsWriter.java:80)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.internal.codegen.mxml.flexjs.MXMLFlexJSPublisher.publish(MXMLFlexJSPublisher.java:330)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.compile(MXMLJSC.java:467)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC._mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:346)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.mainNoExit(MXMLJSC.java:272)

at org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.execute(MXMLJSC.java:167)

at net.flexmojos.oss.compiler.DefaultFlexCompiler.executeTool(DefaultFlexCompiler.java:294)

at net.flexmojos.oss.compiler.DefaultFlexCompiler.executeMxmlcMain(DefaultFlexCompiler.java:192)

at net.flexmojos.oss.compiler.DefaultFlexCompiler.access$300(DefaultFlexCompiler.java:37)

at net.flexmojos.oss.compiler.DefaultFlexCompiler$2.command(DefaultFlexCompiler.java:86)

at net.flexmojos.oss.compiler.command.CommandUtil$1.run(CommandUtil.java:50)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

File not found: org.apache.flex.core.ILayoutParent

When looking around, I could find that there is such a file located in

So what is located in these directories? I thought all the js is packaged in with the swcs?
But this doesn't seem to be the case. How does this directory fit into the big picture?

- Is there a reason for the "project/*/*-manifest.xml" files not having a standardized name?
Most are called basic-manifest.xml but it seems the only similarity is that they are all ending
on "-manifest.xml"
- Is there a reason for not bundling the manifest in the swc files? Currently referencing
them from the flex-config.xml and packaging parts of the artifacts inside another doesn't
really look clean to me.

(How would it be to have some sort of naming convention ... most are named "basic-manifest.xml"
but not all ...