flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Allowing PUT and DELETE requests in HTTPService
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 12:56:43 GMT

I am currently working on a fun project in which we are having a little battle of the client
technologies. The backend server is a REST service communicating in JSON.

While my Flex client is currently way beyond the others, I just stumbled over a problem which
I don't quite know how to work around.

The problem is that the REST service accepts GET, PUT, DELETE and POST requests. I was pretty
surprised to find out the Flex doesn't seem to support PUT and DELETE. The reasoning behind
this seems to be related with Browsers not supporting these. Is this still the case? I think
a lot of the modern JSFrameworks make heavy usage of REST services. Anyway I am creating an
AIR application, so I don't care about browsers anyway.

Is there a way around this to make REST PUT and DELETE calls possible? I have tried the URLRequest
approach, but this doesn't seem to work.

Is this a restriction from the dark ages and we could make Flex work with PUT and DELETE or
is this a restriction of the Flashplayer or AIR runtime?