flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject [FlexJS] Framework using externs (was: Setup Error)
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2015 15:46:08 GMT
I thought I could have used the framework as a test for what I'm about to implement in the
compiler to make IJ compiling externs/as3 based projects with 1 build conf.
Apparently I was wrong but I will try to implement it first anyway.

For the framework migration, I just had a look and indeed I will have a lot of questions,
the 2 first ones:

1- If I'm not wrong, sprite.js can't have an AS counterpart, this one needs to stay JS only
but it includes a "start" method definition, not having this methos in the AS part, I won't
be able to use it, should this definition be moved to an interface in asjs and be shared by
both sides ?

2- Classes and Interfaces are written this way in JS:

org.apache.flex.core.IStrand.prototype.FLEXJS_CLASS_INFO ={ names: [{ name: 'IStrand', qName:
'org.apache.flex.core.IStrand' }] };

But if I cross compile IStrand.as, I get:

org_apache_flex_core_IStrand.prototype.FLEXJS_CLASS_INFO = { names: [{ name: 'IStrand', qName:
'org_apache_flex_core_IStrand'}] };

Why we still have the underscores ?

Frédéric THOMAS

> From: aharui@adobe.com
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [FlexJS] Setup Error
> Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 17:50:54 +0000
> On 8/7/15, 10:44 AM, "Frédéric THOMAS" <webdoublefx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Fred, I only just started on HTTPService, then realized having
>>> conditional compile would be useful. Not much to share there. I am
>>> hoping we can fully re-write all of our JS files in AS after this next
>>> release. Feel free to create a branch and get started if you have the
>>> cycles.
>>I'm fine with that, whatever the time it takes.
>>I will need your help though to do them in the dependency order.
> The swcs are compiled in the following order due to some dependencies.
> You can check the compile-config.xml to see the exact set of dependencies
> in each folder.
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Core" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Graphics" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Binding" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/HTML" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Flat" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Charts" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Collections" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/CreateJS" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/DragDrop" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Effects" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Formatters" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/GoogleMaps" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/HTML5" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/JQuery" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Mobile" target="compile"/>
> <ant dir="${basedir}/projects/Network" target="compile"/>
> Within the Core.swc, if we coded everything correctly and didn’t make a
> rat’s nest of dependencies, porting the org/apache/flex/core and
> org/apache/flex/utils folders first should clear the way for doing other
> files in that swc.
> Thanks,
> -Alex
View raw message